As an intermittent catheter user, being prepared for the unexpected is essential. Having an emergency catheter kit prepared in case of an emergency will ensure you maintain a healthy bladder during an emergency or natural disaster.
Here are some things to consider putting in your emergency catheter kit:
- TruCath™ intermittent catheters – have enough for two days
- HR® Lubricating Jelly
- Disposable gloves
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes for quick and easy cleanup
- A handheld mirror to help with self-catheterization
- Plastic bags for disposal
- Extra underwear and a pair of pants in case of an accident
- Paper towels, tissues, or a wash cloth
- Small flashlight
- Any necessary medication
- Copies of insurance and Medicare cards
- A list of medications you take, intermittent catheter item number, your doctors’ and medical supplier names, and phone numbers
It can be helpful to prepare multiple emergency catheter kits and keep them in different locations so you can be prepared no matter where you are.
Emergency preparedness can feel like a daunting task as an intermittent catheter user, but taking time to prepare now can save you a lot of headaches later on.
Start your Emergency Catheter Kit with TruCath™ Insertion Kits
TruCath™ Insertion Kits are designed for the ultimate convenience in a self-catheterization program. Each kit contains the supplies needed to catheterize while on the go or in the comfort of home, including vinyl powder-free gloves, 5g lube jelly packet, BZK wipe, underpaid, and disposal bag.
What topics do you want to read about?
We’re interested in your feedback on what topics you’d like to read about. Please contact us with your suggestion and we’ll do our best to cover topics that interest you.